View the Spanish version (PDF) of this information.

To Establish an Account

Owners must provide proof of ownership such as an Escrow File Number or Deed of Trust. Property owners must authorize tenant utility billing accounts. New construction must have an assigned address from the City's Community Development Department. In order to establish a new electrical service connection, an application for service is required to be submitted to Centralia City Light. Our Engineering team will evaluate our service requirements and develop a cost estimate for any new, modified or temporary service. All new services, modified services and temporary services must complete a Washington State electrical inspection (through Labor and Industries) before the service can be energized. City Light charges for installation can be located in the Service Connection Fees, Overhead and Underground document. See the Service Cost Schedule (PDF) for more information.

Billing Cycle

Bills are mailed on approximately the 30th of the month and are due upon issuance. Failure to receive a utility bill for any reason does not relieve you of the requirement to pay the full amount due. If you do not receive a utility bill by the 5th of any month, please call 360-330-7657 to request billing information on your account.

Penalty Rates

Payments not received by the close of business on the date specified on the bill are considered delinquent and are assessed a 10% penalty of the current amount due.

Delinquent Accounts

Delinquent accounts are mailed disconnect notices with copies to owners for tenant occupied properties, stating the amount due and date by which payment is full must be received in order to avoid disconnection. Computer generated notification phone calls may be sent if payment is not received by the past due date. No further notice will be provided. Additional service fees will be charged to the account if it becomes necessary to disconnect and restore services. If disconnected, your utility service will not be restored until the past due amount and all service fees are paid in full. The reconnection fee during weekends, holidays and after 3:30 pm. Monday through Friday is $150.


Deposits are not required except in the case of property owner bankruptcies. However, if you are a tenant, the property owner may require you to make a deposit with the City.

Utility Billing Online

You may set up an account online to view your utility account and make payments at the City's website.

Paying by Phone

Payments can be made over the phone by calling 866-217-8583. The City accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express. Online Payments and AUTOPAY are also available.

Paying by Mail

Please make your check or money order payable to "City of Centralia". To ensure proper credit to your account, include the REMITTANCE portion of your statement, write your account number on your check or money order and use the return envelope provided. Please allow sufficient time for your payment to be received.

Paying Via Drop Box

A payment drop box is located on the front of the Customer Service Center for your convenience, under the Customer Service Center Signage at 500 N Pearl. To ensure proper credit to your account, include the REMITTANCE portion of your statement, write your account number on your check or money order and use the return envelope provided. The City will not be responsible for cash payments left in the drop box. 

Non-sufficient Funds

A return item fee of $20 per item will be assessed when any item is returned to the City of Centralia for insufficient funds. Additional service fees may apply.

Garbage Service

Garbage service is mandatory within the City limits; the City does not provide this service. Please call 360-736-4769 or 360-736-5282 to set up your service.

Services Provided by Other Companies

View the Utilities Directory.